Following on from our extremely successful 2020/21, we are really looking forward to continuing our TY workshops for 2021/2022. Although we’ve all had to adapt to big changes over the last year, we are delighted to say that our TY workshops went off without a hitch this year- while staying Covid- Friendly! In this post, we’ll discuss what workshops we are offering for 2021/22, in accordance to the Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Our TY Workshops
TY Workshops- What workshops do we offer?
‘Let’s Drum’ – Drumming Workshops
These drumming workshops are active, hands-on and interactive sessions that enable students to explore the sounds of the percussion family. With our drumming workshops, secondary school students will get the chance to work in small teams to create rhythms of their own, whilst developing their rhythmical ability and musical techniques.
During these workshops, each group will receive one 80 minutes, hands on percussion session. Each student will have their own bodhrán. These sessions are full of fun and energetic activities. These activities ensure that every student is engaged and interested throughout. Further, these fun, energetic activities always ensure a joyful atmosphere in our bodhrán workshops for secondary schools.
‘Let’s Perform’– Musical Theatre Workshops
Our Let’s Perform workshops recreate a part of a well-known musical through singing, movement and drama. These educational workshops for schools aim to boost students’ self-esteem and confidence in performing, while also developing their creativity and showmanship in a relaxed, open environment.
What steps have we taken to ensure we are complying with Government guidelines during Covid-19?
- All of our music tutors have completed a COVID-19 safety training course
- We have trained each tutor on how to follow government guidelines. What to do in potential situations, and how to manage COVID-19 in the classroom has been covered.
- We’ve supplied all of our tutors with face masks, visors, hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes
- Tutors are to wipe down each piece of equipment after each use with an alcohol wipe
- We have made every workshop and programme social distance-friendly. We’ve also given each tutor place markers to ensure all children keep social distance
- Some of our classes and content have gone online as an alternative
Do you have a query about any of our TY workshops? If so, get in touch.