The Mobile Music School are currently recruiting for a General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and business development functions of our company in line with our development strategy.
This role will place the successful applicant at the helm of our company and at the center of the decision making process. The package includes a salary, which is paid monthly along with 7 weeks holidays that coincide with the school holidays. This exciting role will give the right candidate job satisfaction, work life balance and an opportunity to develop their career further.
The role is based in our office in Swords and there is free parking available on site. To find out more about this role please read the job description and follow the application instructions below. Please note the application deadline is August 24th. Shortlisting may apply.
Swords, Co Dublin
€35,028.00 based on a 40 hour week to include 7 weeks holidays per year.
This job would suit a parent who is looking for a fulfilling, rewarding and progressive career that works around school holidays.
August 24th, 2022
The Mobile Music School delivers interactive, educational and fun based music programmes and workshops in primary and secondary schools, libraries and arts centres throughout Ireland. Other projects we produce and deliver include educational orchestral programmes and family concert days.
We are recruiting for a manager to oversee the day to day operations of our programmes in schools and work on developing our company to ensure it continues to grow in the coming years.
Our role will require a mix of working in our office in Swords Co Dublin, attending events/productions and meeting clients/tutors on site in their location.
We are looking for an outgoing, assertive, practical, and focused professional who has very strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, who has the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Establish strong working relationships with schools and educational centres
- Liaise with tutors, musicians, clients and oversee the scheduling, coordination and management of our programmes from inception through to completion
- Conduct staff reviews, find new suitable tutors to join our team and deal with HR matters as they arise
- Ensure smooth running of our programmes to include acting as a point of contact and customer service representative
- Work alongside our Curriculum Manager to ensure we are providing relevant training and resources to our team of tutors to include monthly meetings and reporting to your director
- Manage our office and carry out day to day administrative duties to support the smooth running of our company
- Manage accounts and follow up on any outstanding payments and invoices to include monthly liaison with our bookkeeper to ensure our accounts are reconciled
- Promote the music programmes provided by the Mobile Music School, generate leads and bring in sales in line with the company’s business strategy on a daily basis
- Create suitable marketing content to be uploaded onto our website and social media content to include the creation of a monthly newsletter
- Produce monthly and termly reports to present to our director
Key Skills Required
- A people person with the ability to build long lasting relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to design, manage and review projects successfully from inception through to completion
- Can work productively and confidently on own initiative and as part of a team
- A persuasive communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent computer/ digital skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a brand ambassador for & active promoter of the Mobile Music School
- Ability to work to deadlines
Previous management experience is essential. Understanding of coordinating educational programmes preferred but not essential. Proficient understanding of music and or music education would be desired.
One year contract subject to successfully passing a probation period.
Working 45 weeks per year.
Salary of €35,028.00 p.a. paid monthly.
1 week to coincide with October midterm break.
2 weeks at Christmas in line with school holidays.
1 week at Easter (second week of school holidays to include Good Friday).
3 weeks from mid-July through to August each year.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24th.