Now that we’ve made our introduction to music composition and mastered two beats in a bar, let’s try our hand at three beats in a bar and four beats in a bar!
Three beats in a bar
- Stand tall and use your baton to count three beats in a bar
- Start with your baton held high and count 1,2,3 in a triangle shape
- Practice different paces ranging from slow to fast
- Try practicing this to a Waltz!
Four beats in a bar
- Now, let’s challenge ourselves and try four beats in a bar
- Start with your baton held high again and count 1,2,3,4 in a cross shape
- Take your time. When you’ve mastered it, try different paces.
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for music with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our music programmes or to arrange for us to drop out.
MMS tutor how-to guides: Classroom Music – Series 1, Part 5
Catch up on MMS tutor how-to guides: Classroom Music – Series 1, Part 3 here