For this week’s classroom music activity, we will make our first introduction to the orchestra. Let’s step into the boots of the conductor and learn how to conduct an orchestra.
Classroom Music Activity
- What do you need to become a conductor? Stand tall, grab a pen or pencil and you’re ready to go!
- Let’s start by learning how to keep the orchestra together and how to conduct a fast or slow pace
- Ask the class to mirror your movements, starting with two beats in a bar
- Hold your baton up high and beat 1, 2
- To make the orchestra play faster, simply beat 1,2 faster
- To make the orchestra play slower, simply beat 1,2 slower
- Practice together as a class
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for music with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our music programmes or to arrange for us to drop out.
MMS tutor how-to guides: Classroom Music – Series 1, Part 4 coming next week!
Catch up on MMS tutor how-to guides: Classroom Music – Series 1, Part 2 here