Carrying on from last week’s music workshop for primary schools, this week’s music lesson will demonstrate how to teach the note of A using the clap, sing, play method. Try these two examples with your class and let us know how you get on!
Music Workshop for Primary Schools
- Start by clapping the note of A and saying ta, ta, ta, ta
- Then, sing along by singing re, re, re, re
- Finally, position your thumb on the back hole and place your index and middle finger on the first two holes on the front of the recorder
- Play along to the note of A on the stave!
- Start by along to the rhythm, saying ta, ta, ta-a this time
- Now, we are going to sing the note of A and B – try singing me, re, me
- Remember to practice tonguing between the notes of A and B on the recorder
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for primary school music with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our music workshops for schools, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Recorder in the Classroom – Series 3, Part 3 coming next week
Catch Recorder in the Classroom – Series 3, Part 1 here