Now that we’ve mastered the basic of music literacy, we’re ready to move onto some more advanced music literacy rhythms this week! For this music lesson, we’ll be a sound shaker, claves, a shaker and one of our new frame drums.
- Use the rhythm ‘coffee tea coffee tea’ to sound out the notes
- Now try clapping the rhythm while saying the rhythm
- Using a sound drum, we’ll now play the rhythm
- We’ll try rhythm 2 this time sounding out ‘tea coffee coffee tea’
- Let’s mix up our clapping style by using body percussion
- Now play the rhythm on the claves
- Sound out this rhythm by saying ‘coffee coffee coffee tea’
- Use body percussion again to clap rhythm 3
- Now let’s use our shaker to play the rhythm
- Call out this rhythm using ‘tea tea coffee tea’
- Use body percussion or clap your hands to practice this rhythm
- Now try playing it on a small frame drum
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for music education in schools with even more students this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our drumming workshops, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Percussion in the Classroom – Series 4, Part 6 coming next week