In this week’s educational workshop for schools, we will be combing all the rhythms we learned into one. With this music lesson you can practice the ‘clap, sing, play’ model, as well as the ‘call and response’ technique.
- First, focus on practicing all four rhythms from Series 4, Part 5 together
- Once all the students are comfortable saying the rhythms as one, you can move onto clapping the rhythm
- Now let’s practice clapping all rhythms
- You can take turns clapping your hands or using body percussion
- After some practice rounds clapping the rhythms, you’re class will be ready to play them all together
- Mix up the instruments, starting with the sound drum and moving onto the shaker, claves and frame drum
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for music education in schools with even more students this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our drumming workshops, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Percussion in the Classroom – Series 4, Part 7 coming next week