A big hit with our drumming workshops is body percussion! In this week’s educational workshop for schools, we will be practicing rhythms on our bodies as opposed to on the drums – a great alternative if you don’t have access to percussion instruments.
- First, choose a rhyme to say as you’re practicing the rhythm, such as ‘coffee tea’
- Practice saying it loudly and softly with your class a few times to ensure they are familiar with the rhyme
- Now let’s practice playing the rhythm with our hands
- Then try stomping the rhythm with your feet
- Brainstorm ideas with class for new way of playing body percussion
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for drumming workshops and percussion with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our educational workshops for schools, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Percussion in the Classroom – Series 4, Part 4 coming next week