Here at the Mobile Music School, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality music education programmes nationwide. Not only do we deliver workshops, short programmes, and classroom music programmes, we provide music resources for primary schools as well.
Music Resources For Primary Schools
Our music resources for primary schools are designed to help teachers to teach music in the classroom. Considering music resources for primary schools can be difficult to find, this means that many teachers struggle to teach music. Further to this, the challenge is finding resources that are firstly fun and engaging, and secondly, educational. However, there’s no need to worry! We have decided to share our resources completely free of charge!
Access to music resources is limited, due to schools being closed at the minute. Further, many students have not been able to attend music lessons. Further, our classroom music programmes have unfortunately been halted. This means that many students have not been able to avail of high quality music lessons. However, there’s no need to worry, as we have been providing free music resources for primary schools, that can be completed at home! Today’s resource merges music with arts and crafts: we’re going to be learning how to make a tissue box guitar.
You will need:
An empty tissue box
A cardboard toilet roll holder
- Firstly, select an empty tissue box, similar to the one in the image below. A rectangle box is preferable to a square one, but don’t worry if a square box is all you have! It can still be used.
2. Cut the plastic lining at the opening of the box off, using a scissors. You may need an adult to help you with this part!
3. Put the toilet paper roll on top, trace it with a marker, and cut along the lines, cutting a hole for the toilet roll tube to fit through.
4. Insert the toilet paper roll into the hole. Make sure it’s about two to three inches in. Tape may be used to hold the roll in place and make it sturdy.
5. Wrap a couple of elastic bands around the box, on each side of the paper towel roll. Different types and sizes of elastic bands may be used to create different tones and sounds.
6. Decorate the box! Add stickers, paint some art designs, spray paint it, sprinkle glitter on it, and anything you would like. Now you’re ready to rock!
Interested in finding out more about our online resources? Check them out here.