Our music resources for primary schools are designed to help teachers to teach music in the classroom. Music resources for primary schools can be difficult to find. The challenge is finding resources that are fun and engaging as well as educational. However, there’s no need to worry! We have decided to share our music resources for primary schools completely free of charge!
Adding arts and craft into a music lesson is an excellent way to encourage students to get creative! When students make their own instruments, they tend to me even more enthusiastic about playing them! Read on to find out how to make harmonicas in the classroom!
You will need:
Wooden lollipop sticks
Sheet of card
Double sided tape
How to make:
- Take a wooden lollipop stick. (If time allows, students can decorate sticks with markers, paint etc.) Wrap elastic band down the length of lollipop stick.
- Cut out a 2″x 2″ piece of card. Fold this piece of card in half three times.
- Stick a small piece of double sided tape onto the second lollipop stick, near the end of the stick. Repeat on other end of stick.
- Using this tape, stick the two lollipop sticks together.
- Tie each end of the two sticks together using elastic bands. Make sure the elastic bands are as tight as possible.
- Your harmonica is ready to be played!
Interested in finding out more about the workshops and short programmes we offer? Contact us here.