Here at the Mobile Music School, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality music lessons for primary schools nationwide. Each year we deliver workshops, short programmes, and classroom music programmes to hundreds of schools, libraries, youth centres and language schools nationwide! Each week, out tutors are working hard across the country to provide high quality music education to students.
Music Lessons for Primary Schools
Our music lessons for primary schools keep us extremely busy throughout the year! Unfortunately, in this current climate, we’ve all had to adapt to big changes over the last few weeks! This means that our music lessons for primary schools have unfortunately been interrupted due to these changes. With primary, secondary and music schools closed indefinitely, music lessons for primary schools nationwide have unfortunately come to a halt. However, the good news is, we’ve been planning our music lessons and programmes for next year, and are really looking forward to coming back with a bang! Today, we’re going to be explaining our Let’s Drum classroom programme- what it is, what it involves, and why you might be interested! Read on to learn more.
This percussion-based course explores the role of percussion in music from all corners of the world. Each class also investigates the importance of ‘the beat’. This course firstly develops each child’s rhythmical abilities, secondly, teaches students how to read and create music notation and thirdly, gives each student the opportunity to perform each week as part of a classroom percussion ensemble. These interactive and energy-filled classes culminate in an end of programme classroom performance of the performance pieces learned during the course. Our drumming workshops remain one of our most popular type of music classes we offer at primary schools and are sure to be a hit with the students.
What can students expect to get from the course?
- Understanding of various different types of drums and the wider percussion family
- The ability to play on a range of different percussion instruments
- Understanding the concept of the beat and its importance
- Learning about, and performing, a range of rhythms suitable to each class group
- The ability to read and perform along with music notation
- Performance skills. Every child gets the opportunity to perform in a group performance. This performance will bring all of the material covered and skills developed during the course together
- Increased self confidence
- The ability to work as part as a team, with some students taking leadership roles within the group
For more information on our Let’s Drum programme, contact us here.