Continuing with our primary school music, this week’s music lesson will demonstrate how to teach the note of G using the clap, sing, play method. Try these two examples with your class and let us know how you get on!
Primary School Music
- Start by clapping the note of G and saying ta, ta, ta, ta
- Then, sing along by singing do, do, do, do
- Finally, position your thumb on the back hole and place your cover the first three holes on the front of the recorder
- Play along to the note of G on the stave!
- Start by along to the rhythm, saying ta, ta, ta-a this time
- Then, we are going to sing the notes of B, A and G, singing me, re, do
- Now, try playing the notes of B, A and G on the recorder
- Remember, make sure to tongue between notes when playing on the recorder!
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for primary school music with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our music workshops for schools, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Recorder in the Classroom – Series 3, Part 4 coming next week
Catch Recorder in the Classroom – Series 3, Part 2 here