In last week’s primary school music lesson, we used a call and response technique to learn about dynamics on the djembe. In this week’s music lesson, we are keeping in line with our call and response theme and learning about dynamics.
Primary School Music Lesson
- We are going to focus on learning about loud and quiet sounds in music
- However, we never use the terms loud and quiet, we say forte and piano
- Let’s practice some rhythms alternating from forte to piano
- This lesson also includes a fun class activity – pick a child to be the teacher and play two forte rhythms and two piano rhythms
- The rest of the class then copy those rhythms
Get In Touch With Us Today
We would love the opportunity to come and share our passion for primary school music with even more schools this year. Please get in touch with us today to discuss our music workshops for schools, or to arrange for us to drop out.
Percussion in the Classroom – Series 4, Part 3 coming next week