Last week in part 2 of our ‘How Music Education Benefits Students’ series, we discussed some of the many tangible benefits of weekly music education lessons, such as pride, passion and discipline in music. Part 3 of our 4-part series will see us exploring how music education can enhance cultural awareness and spark a curiosity for classical music in school children.
How Music Education Benefits Students – Part 3: Increasing Cultural Awareness
Both a parent and a teacher in Stratford NS, Siobhán speaks to the Mobile Music School about how her daughter Ailbhe’s after-school piano lessons with the Mobile Music School have developed a natural curiosity for classical music and have deepened her desire to learn about the composers who wrote the pieces she’s playing.
- Not only do our professional music tutors teach the practicalities of music such as music notation and sight-reading, but they also focus on immersing students into the wonderful world of music.
- Having a deep understanding of the genres of music they’re playing enhances children’s cultural awareness.
Curiosity for Classical Music and Composers
- By encouraging cultural awareness in a fun, interactive and educational way, our students form a natural curiosity for even the more complicated genres like classical music.
- Taking part in weekly music lessons that explore the world of music introduces young children to different genres of music with the aim of sparking a personal interest and connection with the music.
Desire to Learn
- With the excitement of learning pieces by Beethoven and Mozart, our students are eager to learn more about these fascinating composers that wrote the songs they play.
- Discussing material learned in class at home is a great way for students to incorporate music into their every day life.
- This desire to learn trickles into all aspects of school life, setting the foundations for future learning.
After-school Music Lessons
To find out more about what’s involved in our after-school programmes, please visit the after-school page of our website.
Get in Touch
To learn more about how our after-school music lessons and how they can benefit your school, please get in touch with us to discuss these options in further detail.
How Music Education Benefits Students – Part 4: Round-up coming next week!